Lead Dental Assistant
Assist dentist in providing dental treatment, care and education to patients. Must possess strong knowledge and skill of clinical needs, and working knowledge of back office dental procedures and dental administrative functions. Must have Expanded Duties Certificate and/or Radiography Certification upon hire or within ninety (90) days after hire.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Awareness of delegable duties and functions allowed to be performed by Patient Care Coordinator.
- Assist in clinical procedures and treatments.
- Learn and comply with Coast’s administrative procedures.
- Learn and comply with OSHA laws and safety guidelines.
- Maintain Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Learn and comply with state and Federal infection control standards in the dental office and operatories, including but not limited to: wearing protective barriers such as gloves, scrubs, and eye wear; disinfecting and sterilizing instruments and treatment areas; and disposing properly of contaminated or bio-hazardous waste/materials.
- Insure review and completion of documentation, including but not limited to: accurate and current medical history, medical alerts, signed Consent forms.
- Document/chart all dental procedures performed during each patient visit according to dentist’s instructions and legal requirements.
- Welcome and escort patient in reception to and from the treatment areas. Schedule appointments and assist in appointment confirmation calls.
- Effectively provide dental education and information to insure patient awareness of dental health and continuing treatment.
- Effectively present to patient in professional and confidential manner dental treatment plan and proposed plan for continuing treatments.
- Understand and explain insurance benefits and financial options to patients in non-clinical terms.
- Ensure operatories are appropriately equipped and stocked with inventory and re-order when necessary.
- Maintain equipment protocols, including but not limited to: clean evacuation system, lubricate and maintain dental hand pieces, clean and maintain radiograph processors, monitor and clean equipment, clean dental lab plaster traps and maintain clean office environment.
- Notify Office Manager of equipment failure or general safety concerns.
- Assist with laboratory duties as necessary.
- Recognize signs of a dental emergency, and insure proper and timely response and notification to patient, staff, and emergency medical personnel when necessary.
- Understand and agree to maintain production standards.
- Effectively utilize and maintain a system of contact for patient follow-up/re-care.
- Maintain professional working environment within office team.
- Attend and participate in morning huddles and regular office meetings.
- Adhere to uniform attire and basic personal hygiene standards per Company policy.
- Attend continuing education and training seminars as scheduled.
- Understand and abide by HIPAA regulations and maintain confidentiality.
- Train all Patient Care Coordinators in accordance with Coast Dental Standard Operating Policy and procedure within 90 days so they may achieve their key result area.
- Insure that all Patient Care Coordinators follow policies listed in their employee manual to ensure constant standards.
- Give direction to all Patient Care Coordinators for initiation of unscheduled procedures to ensure smooth patient flow and the highest level of patient care.
- Address problems or incidents with employees as soon as possible to prevent any further occurrences of the action and to enable employee to make necessary improvements in a timely manner.
- Maintain a constant line of communication with the Office Manager to establish monetary goals and insurance concerns. • Ensure all Patient Care Coordinators commun
Apply for this Job
Lead Dental Assistant