Responsible for building a successful practice through clarification and management of goals and expectations, generates accountability, authority and responsibility with given team. Provides support, communication and guidance to increase the team’s performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Hire, train and manage performance of office team members.
- Reside as the expert on basic job knowledge such as filing insurance claims, cash management, office software, insurance verification, insurance linkage and sound dental office procedures.
- Explain treatment plans and payment options to patients.
- Review and train on Accounts Receivables (collection percentage).
- Make daily deposits (made on time and accurate, control of petty cash).
- Ensure office is secure as assigned key holder.
- Train on and review patient financing/credit (volume number and accuracy).
- Train and ensure effective customer service skills via the telephone and in person.
- Train team and held accountable for building a productive office schedule.
- Effective communication ensuring cooperation between the front office and back office (including reading and responding to email, filtering down newsletters, policy updates, correspondence, training, meeting and webinar information and appropriate data).
- Respond to patients and patient complaints in a timely and professional manner.
- Train staff or arrange training, as needed.
- Assure timeliness and accuracy of paperwork.
- Review and approve payroll (accuracy, control overtime) for office.
- Oversight of supplies and inventory and assure cost effectiveness.
- Retention of staff and patients (turnover number).
- Assure safety – workers compensation (reported timely and accurate), ensure staff completes annual OSHA Blood borne pathogen training online in company’s Learning Portal, assure MSDS sheets for each location are accurate and on site, track, exchange and review office radiation badges.
- Complete Monthly Check List (completed and assurance all areas are up to date) for the office.
- Provide effective communication and act as liaison between corporate and office staff (changes, procedures, postings, etc.).
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Positive attitude (motivation, team player).
- Appearance (professional, clean, neat, meets company standards).
- Knowledge of insurance processes.
- Professionalism and leadership.
Apply for this Job
- Associate's Degree in business, or equivalent, and three years working experience.
- Has a working knowledge of the front and back office healthcare operation.
- Effective communication skills.
- Time management skills.
- Prior management experience preferred.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Understanding of general dental terminology.
- Working knowledge of Internet Explorer.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and dental office software. Experience with EagleSoft preferred.
Sandy Springs, Georgia